Now Open for Applications, $800 Million in Funding Available
June 18th, 2021 – Town Supervisor Angie Carpenter is encouraging all eligible local businesses to take advantage of New York State’s COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program, now open for applications. Small businesses experiencing financial hardships as a result of COVID-19 can now apply for grants of up to $50,000, with a minimum award of $5,000.
Grants will be awarded to small and micro businesses and small for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations, with priority being given to socially and economically disadvantaged business owners, including minority- and women-owned business enterprises, service-disabled veteran-owned businesses and veteran-owned businesses, and businesses located in economically distressed communities.
“Small Businesses are the backbone of our community and through no fault of their own, were among the hardest hit by the COVID-19 Pandemic. This opportunity provides much needed relief to allow our local businesses owners to move towards recovery, and secure a better tomorrow,” said Islip Town Supervisor, Angie Carpenter.
Grant awards will be calculated based on business' annual gross receipts for 2019. Reimbursable COVID-19 related expenses must have been incurred between March 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021 and can include:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property
- Payment of local property or school taxes
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning cost
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
For more information or to apply visit www.nysmallbusinessrecovery.com.