ENGINEERING DIVISION OPERATIONS
(Please check our department webpage for hours of operation)
DROP-OFF AND PICKUP
- If you are dropping off or picking up paperwork, you must check-in with security at the front door. At check-in, security will direct you to the Engineering office.
Upon arrival, if someone is already in the Engineering lobby, please wait in the hallway until they leave; however, if you have an appointment, please announce your arrival.
FOIL’s (REQUESTS FOR DOCUMENTS)
- FOIL requests should be submitted online with the Town Clerks Office. Visit islipny.gov/foil and complete the form online.
- Site inspections can be scheduled by calling 631-224-5360
- Engineering Inspectors do not hold office hours. If you need to speak to an inspector, please call 631-224-5360.
MEETINGS WITH SITE PLAN REVIEWERS
- All Meetings are by Appointment Only. Whenever possible, meetings will be done via video or phone conference.
- To request a meeting with a Site Plan Reviewer:
- For a specific application, please send an email to the Site Plan Reviewer of record detailing the items you would like to discuss. Please include some dates and times you are available to meet, allowing us time to research the concerns prior to the meeting.
- For speculative projects, please complete an Engineering Inquiry Form, providing as much detail as possible. The form can be found on our website at https://islipny.gov/community-and-services/documents/planning-development/engineering/1069-engineering-inquiry-form/file.
Once your inquiry has been reviewed, a member of the Engineering Division will contact you.
- If you have an inquiry for the Engineering Division, please complete an Engineering Inquiry Form providing as much detail as possible.
The form can be found on our website at https://islipny.gov/community-and-services/documents/planning-development/engineering/1069-engineering-inquiry-form/file
For basic inquiries, you may submit a completed Engineering Inquiry Form or call 631-224-5360.